Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Genesee Wanderers Cycling Club
Maps & GPS
Genesee County Trails
Grand Blanc Trails
Safety and Educational
A-100 IMPORTANT INFO- CHANGES
Switch To Threaded View
Return to Forum
Search This Thread
6/16/2020 3:34 PM
Thanks so much Jessica for all of your efforts towards ensuring that we have a safe and enjoyable ride!
6/15/2020 9:25 PM
Good day Wanderers! I hope you and your families are well!
The GWCC Board is currently planning on holding the Assenmacher 100 on Sunday, August 16th. We're still in the process of developing some of the plans and wanted you to be aware of where things presently stand. Due to CoVid-19, we are making some changes that are very important for you to know.
Riders MUST pre-register online (unless you've already mailed your registration). We will not allow same day registrations.
, you can pre-order your t-shirt! (And we encourage you to do so, so that we can safely put together registration packets.)
You can register at:
2. We are currently limiting the number of RIDERS (not registrations) to 250. We will have a waitlist if we hit our limit.
There is a possibility we may increase that limit, our previous limit was 500 riders, however we currently cannot provide a safe experience for our riders and volunteers with that many riders.
3. We are changing the 100 mile route. We will not be using Sleepy Hollow this year. There will be 5 stops- we are planning on using Shiatown twice.
(Riders will be doing the 100K route and then heading to Shiatown after Kerby Corners and going along part of the Tuesday night route.) The route is still being developed. We're still planning on starting and finishing at the Swartz Creek Middle School.
4. We will not be having an afterparty. We will have some type of food at the end, however, we will not be serving food like we normally do.
We will be changing some of what we typically provide at the stops, as well. No final decisions have been made.
5. If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering, please contact me. We appreciate the help!
6. Of course, ALL of this is subject to change due to CoVid-19 (and who knows what else!) The GWCC Board will make a final decision by August 1st about whether or not the ride will be held. We recognize a decision may be made for us before or after that date. In the event we cancel the ride, you will be able to receive a refund or transfer your registration for next year's ride (at this year's rates!)
7. Finally, YOU are receiving the information before any other riders
because you are a GWCC member
and we want you to have the first opportunity to pre-register.
In a few days we'll be sending a notice to past riders and others. We anticipate that because so many rides have cancelled ours may be very popular.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns please let me know! On behalf of the entire GWCC Board, please know we truly appreciate your support! Happy riding!
A-100 Ride Coordinator
GWCC Board Member
Return to Forum
Assenmacher's Bicycle Company
Tri-County Bicycle Association
Cascades Cycling Club
League of Michigan Bicyclists
Grand Blanc Grid Website
Grand Blanc Grid Facebook
Top of Michigan Trails Council
Friends of the Flint River Trail
Michigan Trails and Greenways